Thursday, August 04, 2005

Links. v good.

Well. I was going to post today about some pretty incisive rules for blogging flatmate N came up with more or less off-the-cuff, but that upstart Damascus has beaten me to it. Curses!

But they are three really good points. Namely, to keep your blog interesting:
1. frequently link to other blogs, sites and webpages
2. talk about what you have linked to
3. occasionally be serious about stuff, and offer a more serious comment every now and again.

I realise I probably have been a bit, well, I suppose sort of 'glancing' in my approach to blogging so far. (There is a better word for what I mean, but I can't think of it. Slapdash? Sorry. It's only 11am and I haven't had any caffeine yet today. Crashing on...) Rest assured at some point we will scratch the surface of Boz and get down to some nitty-gritty. In the meantime, I'm trying to resist reading the new Bridget Jones column starting today's Independent. Please don't get me wrong. I love Harry Potter, His Dark Materials and any other trashy or not-really-strictly-for-adults literature you can throw at me. It's just that if I start, I know I'll get hooked in and I'll gorge myself and then feel slightly... despoiled afterwards. On the other hand, the Martin Lukes column in the FT is heee-larious. Maybe they could cross over.

Don't be misled. I have to read the FT for work.

I think the Big Brother house may be about to implode. Tea, anyone?

1 comment:

Damascus said...

Milk, no sugar. Although you should know that by now. Builder's or gay? Builder's please.

Sorry for stealing your post idea. Are we in direct comeptition now?