Saturday, August 20, 2005

My baby!

Sitting in her parents garden with my soon Peruvian-bound friend, following a night of drinking our bodyweight in red wine - so much for keeping off booze for a bit - putting the world to rights. We have decided that as no one sends telegrams anymore, that from now on all text messages have to be in form of Haiku's:

Soz am running late
due to crappy South West Trains
I will c u soon


Hmmm. This could catch on. More contributions please.

She has also started compiling a list of central London locations for work lunches where, and this is the important bit, there is no mobile phone reception. No one from the office can reach you. Or they will assume you're on the tube (curse their plans to introduce mobile reception down there! Nooooo!). This is genius. Apparentely there's no reception at the top of the Gherkin. Factoid!

In other news, I am very excited. I have offspring. I have finally managed to get an avacado stone to sprout - look! Look! I know it's daft but I'm really excited. I tried with another and it just sat on top of the jar doing nothing for four months. I read somewhere supermarket avacados are irrradiated or something, but that could be hearsay. I grew peppers last year. Simple things please me.

Yes, that is a shot glass it's on. And what of it?

No comments: