Thursday, August 18, 2005

Somebody help me drift?

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." - Oscar Wilde

Many thanks to the Random Oscar Wilde Quaotes Page for the above. Sometimes if I'm feeling abit stuck or confused I visit this site and generate a random one for guidance. You'd be suprised how effective this can be. Makes Oscar a 20th century guru, I suppose. Can't see him on a mountainside though. Although possible between two small hills.

Just don't do the Mae West one unless you're feeling a bit frisky. Which I am as it happens. "Oh-wahh!"

Lady D and I went to see the fantastically funny play Dirty Blonde last year - sort of half Mae West biography and half love story between two Mae West fans. Really sweet and superbly camp, with bits of inspired hilarity. Especially watching the modern day Mae West fan, dressed as her idol, strutting her feather boa in a dance nightclub. I'd never seen a Mae West film at the time and still haven't! I think it's a treat I'm saving for later.

No comments: