Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Warm up

In some moment of madness I have signed myself up to participate in the Nike 10K Run London thing on October 16th.

I must be insane.

I'm not very exercise-y. I eat okay, bar the odd take away (eek). I don't smoke. But I don't really do any exercise either. I get bored at the gym. I'm not a 'team sports' person. I sometimes drink like fish.

But I have been thinking to myself that I need to kick-start some healthy living so perhaps this is a good opportunity. I may die in the attempt though.

I'm blaming my flatmates, as they both successfully did it last year. One of them has run a marathon. I have warned them I am going to be relentlessly melodramatic about it for the next two months.

I did go for a 20 minute run on Monday though. Okay I walked some of it. And I ache a bit today. That's good though, isn't it...?

I also bought a new pair of trainers yesterday (shiny!). But it was only on my lunch break today that I sat down and actually worked out that the distance between Clapham North and St. Ockwell tube stations is as near as dammit a kilometer. Ergo, doing 10k will be like running that distance ten times...

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME HOW FAR 10K ACTUALLY WAS!??

No comments: