Thursday, September 01, 2005

115 days to Christmas...

September? Already?

That means I have blogged across four months - that is a lot longer than I thought I would get around to doing, and I haven't nearly scratched the surface of all the meaningless tripe I have to offer.

So the weekend. It doesn't sound like much now, but I spent not a few hours of it just wandering around London randomly in the sunshine. I've said before I'm easily pleased, and true as that may be, it's always very inspiring to stroll round the city and see what humanity is up to. Hence the witterings about King's Road, I suppose!

Spent Saturday night in Crystal Palace with a bunch of Uni mates, including Flatmate Mark. Fantastic fun. And not just because of the three rum cocktails at the fantastic Domali Cafe. Then we headed to a great Thai resturant and ate several tonnes of delicious grub. Mmmmm.

The couple living in Crystal Palace who we gathered around are buying a flat - which still seems a scary and grown-up thing to me. But they are a brilliant couple and doing it for totally the right reasons. Plus they have a decent bit of travelling under their belts. All v stressful for them though.

Anyway. Saturday night ended up very silly with us on the floor of their current flat, rolling around with laughter. Wayhey!

On Monday I wussed out of going to the Notting Hill Carnival (was not in the mood for crowds) evening was spent in the delightful company of another friend in town. Really odd. I don't know if it was the weather or the holiday weekend, but it was really quiet everywhere. The bar we planned to go to was closed, and we were in central London, just off Oxford Circus. Chose a random pub and had it practically to ourselves. The poor barman was starved of human contact and brought our drinks over to us.

The sad truth of it is I cannot for the life of me remember what I did on Friday night. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Lately I have been getting really bad blank spots from booze and I'm reasonably sure I wasn't sober... I'm sure it'll come back to me... Oh cripes I hope I haven't just offended anybody...

panic

1 comment:

Damascus said...

I think you stayed in. But I'm not sure now.