Monday, October 24, 2005

Bags and bags and bags and oh wait a moment

I am now about to share a very small, very middle-class rant.

Commence:

To the neighbour who always manages to put their recycling bags out about an hour, nay perchance a moment, after they have been collected; WHY? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE WHY??

To explain, our street has a single morning of the week when we can put out bags of recycling. Typically for a London borough council, there are machiavelian by-laws that sound like a game of Mornington Crescent. Thou shalt not place bags out before 9.30pm the night before. Thou shalt not not include waxy paper in thy bag of recycling. Etc etc etc ad infinitum.

So, anyway. By about 8.00am on the alloted morning when I leave for work, the street is lined with brightly coloured bags, all waiting to be collected.

But when I get home, there is just one batch, my neighbours, which has somehow been put out after all the others have been collected, and will sit there on the pavement for a week. Waiting.

I mean, do they just not get it? It's like this EVERY week!??

Cease the rant.

Phew. I thank you. Stupid of me I know. But it's been bugging me all weekend.

Well. Sort of.

No comments: