Saturday, November 12, 2005

Seasonal clichés



Here's.... Autumn! I was kicking through some leaves on the South Bank today - the smell was like being a kid again. Then I came over all touristy with my camera phone:



Boz did a quasi-brave thing today: he asked someone out. Ooooooo. Have no idea if it'll come to anything, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Carpe diem etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah. Either way, I felt mighty good after the event and strutted through central London with my iPod on shuffle kicking up some random stunners, including Bobby Hutton - Lend A Hand, which fitted the mood as I tripped through St James' Park in the waning sunshine perfectly. Was almost deliriously happy by the time I reached Madge's gaff (not that Madge. The other Madge.), to witness this slice of pomposity:



Guess they're getting ready for remembereance sunday tomorrow. First one for me without my paternal Grandad alive, which is going to be a bit odd.

Remember Remember.

1 comment:

Damascus said...

Ooh, makes me want to buy a new scarf and go for long walks in the park with a nice nutmeggy coffee in one hand and a good friend to go kicking through the leaves with me. Fancy it some time?