Friday, May 12, 2006

Of badgers, gems and TV critics

Apologies AGAIN for the lack of posts. I am now in a better 'place'. The sun is shining, the world is still here, and I am walking around with a Pep in my Step and Stride in my Pride (note to self - must stop standing in bitter).

Today I have mostly been trying to obtain a picture of our TeeVee LadyGuru Nancy Banks-Smith from The Grauniad.

Alas they do not appear to answering their phone - but I shall persist.

And The Badger came second in The Apprentice! I think the rest of the internet kind of has this covered (especially Charlie Brooker over at The Grauniad again (why do I love all the TV people? N B-S? Charlie Brooker? Jim Shelly? This says much about my life, perhaps. Am I double parenthesi? Indeed I am)), so I won't go into much detail. Suffice to say well done to the Dewberry, but I feel a bit cheated knowing that they've both been working for Sir Alan Sugar (SAS) for the last six months anyway. Still that's how the world works. It's telly!

...I said I wasn't going to go on about this didn't I? That's right.*

Discovered to my horror yesterday that both workmate and flatmate had not heard of Midget Gems.

"You like midgets...?" asked workmate.

"No! Midget gems! Like little wine gums with serrated edges."

But no. They knew not. I'm sure they'll recognise them when they see them. So for their benefit, here is a picture of some Midget Gems:



So there you are.


* In style of Carol Thatcher

No comments: