Saturday, July 29, 2006

While tripping through Westminster...

...the other evening after work, we happened upon the following scene:



Now you can't see very much, thanks to my dear little camera phone, but at the other end were some people standing around in period costume, being filmed by a rather expensive film crew. We couldn't get any closer, but you can just about make out a Ye Olde Automobile at the near end of the street.

The police. It's not their fault. It's something to do with the costume.. I mean, uniform (someone page Tom Ford), but is it me or do any group of 'The Fuzz' standing around looking a little bit silly, hmmm? A touch gormless.

Don't get me wrong. Bless their dear little pop socks and I would be the first to be grateful when they show up should I be being assaulted or something (had a bit of a 'competition' for a taxi last night. I was bit tipsy - ho dear... the shame...), but really.

So that's my take on the emergency services. My priorities are in the right place.

In other, better, jumping around and getting over my hangover this afternoon news:



Praise be to the Gods! They're back. And it's a stomper.

But then, to be fair, I'm also a-rockin' to The Puppini Sisters version of Wuthering Heights. That's just the kind of crazy kid I am.

Aha.

Great website of theirs though. Check it out.

I can feel an Andrews Sisters moment coming on. I have never looked lovelier, dammit...

1 comment:

Jim said...

is it me or do any group of 'The Fuzz' standing around looking a little bit silly, hmmm? A touch gormless.

Resting hands in stab vests (in the seeming absence of pockets) is also a gormless-looking thing to do. But then, whenever I see the police these days they appear to be carrying guns. Probably just so they have something to do with their hands...