Thursday, November 16, 2006

A thing.

A Lot To Learn waved me in the general direction of this fascinating piece on Blog trends and usage.

It has a minefield of information on the Blogosphere, but this really caught my eye:

"Today, the blogosphere is doubling in size approximately every 230 days."

Wow. Can this carry on? Will we run out of space? Will the start of our blogs start disappearing into the ether?

It's these questions that keep me awake at 3am, but I'm sure I'm worrying over nowt.

Wow, though. 57 million blogs. That's a lot of blogging. And all of them talking about Tom and Katies' wedding...

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Wow. 57 million. I was wondering last night (at 5am) if there was a way to track 2006's most popular celebrity based on who was written about most often on blogs. But the sheer enormity of the task is mind-boggling.

Oddly, of those 57,000,000, I only read no more than 100. It's both amazing and sort of tragic.