Saturday, December 23, 2006

HRRNNKK!! Non-festive post alert!



This advert is brilliant, but makes me want to cry a little bit, and just generally take care of the ASIMO. What if someone's mean to it, or it gets lost!? I feel this even more after seeing this news story.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the advert has been shot at the wonderful Science Museum. I used to love going as a kid - and pressing every button I could get my hands on. I remember it so clearly.

However, I made the mistake of taking my nephew once and trying to share this with him. We got there just after it opened and headed straight up for the top floor, where they keep the medical science collection.

It was very creepy, with all the mannequins and pointy instruments, and total lack of anyone else being around. Uncle Boz was trying hard to keep a lid on his mounting terror. The nine-year old was less bovvered.

Anyway. Whoever is doing Honda's adverts, is very clever, and clearly well-paid. Well done there.



But neither advert are as good as this much, much cheaper one for Travelocity, which has me in tears of laughter:



"Hi. I'm Carl and I just wanna take care of you..."

Now. Must get on. The final of Strictly Come Dancing is on. I didn't think I would get into this. But, d'you know, I have.

1 comment:

Old Cheeser said...

You mean all male air stewards are .... GAY?? Shock horror!!

I agree, funny advert! The other two go on rather too long but the car one is admittedly, clever.

Have a good Xmas Boz!!

OC x