Sunday, December 10, 2006

Re:birth

Following this rather sad episode in the history of this very blog wot you is reading now ("hello"), my mum came to see me this week - and look what she bought!


It's Geoffrey Casherelle II - and he is two, as two branches appear to be growing from one avocado stone. Brilliant! The Parentals found him on in amongst the compost on their allotment, in deepest, darkest Wiltshire. It's probably on a ley line or something. Or I could be fostering another Audrey II. Little Clapham Flat Of Horrors?

I don't know what to call him. It can't really be Geoffrey Casherelle again. I need something new. Any ideas, internetters??

Also, while tripping through town Crimble shopping - and nursing a not unconsiderable hangover from Christmas and Birthday parties in South London last night - I saw this in Waterstones - which just made me laugh:


Hee hee hee!

You'll be pleased to know the hangover has subsided somewhat now. Making difficult decisions about the colour of baubles was not easy earlier. Not easy at all. And I think their was a roll-over effect as Friday's nights leaving drinks were also plentiful.

I'm having a quiet one this evening, with m'flatmate. New job starts tomorrow so I need to be bright and perky.

Eeek! Browning pants as we speak...

4 comments:

LaLa said...

Good luck in the new job!

I am sure you will be brilliant!

As for the new avocado plant, perhaps Pavarotti Chubstick would suffice?

Did you know my Uncle has his own avocado farm? Would you like me to post a stone from deepest, darkest Ravensbourne in Queensland?

Gareth said...

I hope the first day was fun, and the plant didn't cark it when you abandoned it to go to the office. I do like Pavarotti Chubstick.

Old Cheeser said...

How's the new job going then? What are you doing?

LaLa said...

HOW IS THE NEW JOB GOING?

WHY AM I YELLING?

Just very excited for you starting new job!