Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Breaking News

All is quite in the flat. The oven is cooking dinner. The telly is off, music on. Flatmate Mark and I are having 'quiet time' in different corners of the room.

Flatmate Mark looks over at me, and breaks the peace thusly:

"Your birthday is on a Sunday this year."

Well if that doesn't just take the shagging garibaldi I don't know what does... what kind of a party night is a Sunday? Harumph.


Who is Calvin Harris? This is Calvin Harris. He appears to have a small piece of the future of pop in his hands. Don't screw it up, man.

Good show.

4 comments:

Doris said...

But surely you just party on the Saturday and make a big whooping fuss at midnight?

Old Cheeser said...

Well then, you'll just have to party on Saturday night. Then recover on Sunday - wallowing in the loveliness of a hangover AND - the knowledge that it's your birthday!! People can take pity on you and pamper you all the more as it's your special day! Milk it for all it's worth boyo!!

Loving the Calvin Harris stuff - such a brilliant sound - just my bag in fact. Could he be the new Mylo? Acceptable in the 80s is v good. Can't wait to hear what he does with Kylie - apparently just one track on her new album. Might have to do a post about him on my own blog - always good when these great pop discoveries come along.

Betty said...

Complete earworm, that Calvin Harris song. "I've got hugs for you if you were born in the eye-tees". Fair enough. I was born in the 1880's, does that count?

Boz said...

Doris & Cheeser - yes. V good points. No doubt I shall be doing just that. To be honest, with four months to go I'm getting just a little hahead of myself.

Betty - I was born in the 70s, which amounts to much the same thing these days...