Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Meme me, baby!

Right so, as you may have gathered from the last gazillion posts, I have been tagged with some Julaberry goodness.

Here's the deal* - I am to list seven songs I'm into right now. NOW you crazy batfinkers.

Keep up at the back, here we go...

Paulo Nutini - New Shoes
Someone played the album at work recently, and I wasn't particularly enamoured. But then I heard this on the radio** while making dinner last week, and I found myself humming along. Before you could say '79p plus no postage please sir!' I had whipped it off iTunes and onto myPod. The fact that it is so ridiculously easy to spend almost a quid is a bit scary.

Kings of Convenience - The Weight Of My Words (Four Tet Remix)
I love a good remix, me. I have no shame in the matter. Shopping in Fopp recently I impulse-pur-chased the Kings of Convenience remix album. V good. KoC are always a bit brilliant, and I had some of Erlend Oye's solo stuff. Marvellous. Would love to see them live, but as usual I'm larte to the party and everyone who would go with me has probably alreday gone. Boo hoo.

Gnarls Barkley - Who Cares?
Two and half minutes of some quality bopping funkyness. "A must".

Mint Royale - Blue Song
I sorta like bands that don't take themselves too seriously. It's like being poked in the gonads with a knitting needle by an elderly relative who's been at the cooking sherry and feeling a bit Frank Bruno-ish.

Cheshire Chord Company - I Predict A Riot
I must get hold of a copy of this - it's wonderful. See above and because how could you not love it??

The Flirtations - Nothing But A Heartache
And isn't that the truth, hey?

Handsome Boy Modeling School - The Truth (featuring Roisin & J-Live)
A song a friend introduced me to very recently. Deeply mellow and slightly sexy. I've found myself singing along to it in my head a few times before I've even realised what I'm doing. Kinda sleazy and wonderful. Makes Boz purr.

Rialto - Untouchable
I have no idea why, but for the first time in years this popped into my head the other day, so I dug out the CD single from my collection, and plonked it onto my Mac. I can't remember much about the band, through the fog of the years and hazy Indie music memories. I never had the album, but always liked this one song. My visual memory of this is the band perfoirming on the long-lost and much missed Light Lunch. Which will probably tell you pretty much exactly when I was student.... More work for Mel & Sue, please!

And there we are. Is that me done? What an odd little fly-on-the-slice-of-life selection. Now shushing, please. Desperate Housewives is imminent.

Perennial, Dan!



* Or no deal. Stick that in your three-ply, Edmonds!
** S'digital no less. oooooooooo.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

YAY!

We love meme's! I just got into your head and listened to your inner soundtrack.

I miss Gareth :(