Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Tight Budget Interlude

Okay. I am on the case with the meme thingy. Yes yes yes.

But in the meantime, if you're here* you may well have noticed the Big Brown Budget happening today. Sprinkled with a extra dash of shag-me-nicely magicstuff as it's Gordy's last one as Chancellor, before he up sticks and moves... well no where actually, as I think he already lives at Number 10.

Anyway. I am not naturally a reader of The Times, but a work LadyColleague pointed out this very funny blow-by-blow blog by Hugo Rifkind.

I particularly like the following choice lines:

12:44: It's like he has a bet with somebody, to say "front line services" as many times as he can
13:09: Ruth Kelly is in a trance.
13:14: Amazing. Throughout the whole education section, he didn't use the word "education".


Tee hee hee.

Onwards!


* the UK, not just Clapham. If Clapham had its own mini-budget that would be just silly. Although...

No comments: