Sunday, April 01, 2007

Adventures in Gym Land Two: Boz does exist!

Well I have finally made it on to their shiny shiny database (thank you The God of All Finance). AND I went on a SUNDAY MORNING. Doesn't this earn me some kind of brownie point somewhere? No? You mean I don't automatically get more healthy because I went when I could have been lying in bed?? Oh, how unfair.

I still don't have a membership card yet though. I am collecting excuses:
"We'll do you one after your workout."
"Our system is down."
"We can do one next time you come."


On some deeply significant level, I am still being rejected by the gym.

I was terribly brave today though*. Not only did I do the usual running, rowing and ... what is that... skiing? Striding? The thing with the sticks and foot paddles. Makes you look like Kath from Kath and Kim. That thing. Anyway, I did that. But I also did some exercises on a Swiss ball (stop sniggering at the back). Oooooo. And I have blisters on my hands, so I must have been doing healthy things. Er...

Still far too intimidated by all the shiny staff with too much body muscle to use the free weights and complicated machinery though. I'll get there.

Am I obsessing about this too much?

RIGHT. It's far too nice a day to be sitting indoors. The world beckons. After I've done the washing up, obviously.


* By Brave, I mean Not Really Very Brave. I am 27, not 17. Alas.

2 comments:

Old Cheeser said...

Good boy! One always feels very virtuous after visiting the gym, an effort though it can be. And going at the weekend is to be applauded too.

I know what you mean about the skiing things. Very Fountain Lakes. As long as you don't sport a blonde bubble perm when you're using it, you'll probably be alright.

And I have to say your quotes from the gym staff all sound rather rude too (or perhaps that's just the way my mind works...)

LaLa said...

An eliptical cross trainer I think it is called.

Nice to know that Australia has once again influenced modern culture so that a piece of gum equipment shall henceforth be known as the "Kath machine".

Am very proud of you. I get itchy just thinking about the gym.