Sunday, November 25, 2007

Look it's that time again already and look how the advertisers let us know it

Well. I don't care if he is in the Shrek films. He's no Dame Shirley, is he?

Although hats off, the advert is very well done. It makes you wonder how much all these things cost though. Have you seen the one for perfume where Kate Winslet hugs some chap on a bridge? How many suitcases of cash did they have to show her to do that then, eh? I could of done that. Hello! Hug. Smell nice. Easy. Although I bet I wouldn't shift as many bottles as Our Kate.

Still, it's all gravy. And turkey stuffing. If you can't go just a smidgen over the top at this time of year, then when can you. Although I should point out it is still November.

And of course, how else could they have spent the cash?

(HRRRNNKK!! Warning! Guilt-inducing seasonal celeb-fest ahead!)



Look at me being all "ethical" n stuff. I've off-set this post, you know. OkayIhaven'treallythat'salie.

But don't get me wrong. I properly LOVE this time of year, and think it's no bad thing we can let loose*, have some fun, splurge a bit and buy each other nice things. And legitimately turn up to work with hangovers. And dried vomit on our shirts. And wear bits of slightly forlorn looking tinsel. But karma, peoples, karma. All things in balance.

Oh dear. I do talk a lot of w*nk sometimes.

ANYWAY. So It's gonna be a bit quite on here** for the next week. Darhlings! Parties to go to. Family to see. Drinks to attend. Guests to make a complete tit of myself in front of. Scrabble to play. And don't get me started on the shopping... because I certainly haven't.

BUT. Only for a week or so, because then there's something a bit festive, a little bit spesh, a bit shiny (maybe) happening.

Watch this space...


PS: This post made me snort tea out of my nose. In a good way.

* Sorry. It's all the satsumas.
** Probably. I mean I can't promise that if I find something to rant about I won't get happy with the keyboard.

No comments: