Thursday, March 27, 2008

Major life altering crisis

Last night, as we were watching the kick off of the new series of The Apprentice (top line thinking reveals that Margaret Mountford has become increasingly fabulous and chic over the last four runs of the programme. Sir Alan appears to have lost weight.), I sneezed several times in quick succession and became a bit bunged up.

I thought nothing of this until my flatmate turned to me, with a look on his face indicating he has thought about this before, and said:

”You’re not allergic to red wine, are you..?”

My world, bloggers, is crumbling before my eyes....

13 comments:

I, still, ♥ the views said...

and there was I thinking wine, indeed alcohol, comes in many varied hues

;-)

I, still, ♥ the views said...

gak! I hate moderation* - forgot to preview: apologies if there are any typos or spelling mistakes

(*of comments, not alcohol, obviously)

Hedgie said...

Commiserations. Chocolate does the same thing to me, but that has certainly never put me off chocolate.

Boz said...

Heart the views - yes. I may have to switch teams. As far as wine goes, anyway. Start with rose to wean myself off, ease into white.

Hedgie - a careful series of experimental tastings will follow, in a carefully controlled environment (ie my living room). I may resort to charts and diagrams to work out what's happening.

Mmmmmmm. Pie charts.

Peachy Moo said...

Is Life worth living without a little liquid to make the wheels go smoothly? For your own safety please, please, hurry & find a replacement lubricant.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm pie...

julaberry said...

Oh fuck it. That wouldmake me very upset.

Boz said...

I may have to resort to... vodka and an intensive programme of video games.

KAZ said...

Tesco do a cheap pink one (Merlot)from Chile ... it never did me any harm.

Boz said...

Kaz - I'm there. With bells on.

Oli said...

I have some dim light at the end of a long tunnel: red wine can trigger other allergies. So it may not be that you're alergic to the wine itself...

james henry said...

On the other hand, my best chum is very allergic to garlic, unless she has a big glass of red wine. Very odd.

Boz, don't know if you're on Facebook, but I've started a group celebrating the glory of Emily Blunt called 'I Think Emily Blunt Is Just A LIttle Bit Spesh'. Do feel free to join if you're passing.

Boz said...

Couldn't live without garlic either. I'm so mediterranean.