Sunday, July 13, 2008

Adventures with Funbus (and Neil Young)

Step one: Procure a friend with a FunBus.
Step two: Summer.
Step three: Add friends but only the vaguest sense of actual direction.
Step four: Rediscover that bits of Kent* are actually quite nice.
Step five: Ignore rain at any festivals you attend.










Vroom!

To be honest, Neil Young was an amazing performer but didn't really do it for me. But Supergrass were ace. And I am now a truly British person for I have stayed at a proper British campsite. It was good. I was expecting it to be all Carry On and seedy, but it was great.

Well. Up until the owner started talking about how various bits of Kent* had been ruined by the invasion of "The Foreigners".

Oh dear.


* "The county that sounds most like..."

3 comments:

Betty said...

Hey, you should've gone to Reculver, or Deal, or Appledore ... er, maybe next time.

Geoff said...

We always used to go to Broadstairs when I was young. There's a bit where the sea drenches you.

I am pretty Kentish.

Boz said...

Betty - I think I've been to Appledore as a sulky teenager. I remember junk shops and second hand bookshops.. which were ace fun. Not that I could let on to my parents I was having fun, but...

Geoff - My father is also a total Kentian. And I still regularly visit my grandmother in ... no this is sounding far too much like a strange euphemism.