Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday meme type laziness type thing

Okay I'm stealing this excellent meme from Vicus. Largely because it's Friday and I'm tired and I can't be arsed to think of anything to post.

(I know, I shouldn't have to actually think of things. I should just write whatever and be interesting about it. ALAS.)

Heres the memey-meme:

1. Put your music player on shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must put down the song name no matter what.

Party tape, here we go:

What would best describe your personality?

Only Love Can Break Your Heart - St Ettienne
(Well. Yes. But poverty and bad cooking can make me grumpy.)

What do you like in a guy/girl?

Wicked Soul (Tim Bran Remix) - Kubb
(And the fact that it is a remix again tells you all you need know about this blogger)

How do you feel today?

42 - Coldplay
(See! I told you I was tired. I'm peaky. And grumpy. A bit.)

What is your life's purpose?

Satin Chic (Through the Mystic mix) - Goldfrapp & The Flaming Lips
(Cor. I think my iPhone knows I'm a big hommer.)

What is your motto?

Show - Girls Aloud
(EEK!)

What do your friends think of you?

'88 Aka Come On Down On Me - Lemon Jelly
(Do they? DO THEY!?? Am paranoid now.)

What do you think of your parents?

Endless Love (Royksopp Remix) - Frost
(... in a none touching of special places type way, I should add. Ahhh.)

What do you think about very often?

Bad Ambassador - The Divine Comedy

What do you think of your best friend?

Paradise (Lost and Found) -= Just jack
(Yey! Very true. of most of my friends, actually. GUSH.)

What do you think of your crush?

Skeewiff vs, Big Les - Skeewiff
(Hmm... poor knitting teacher..)

What is your life story?

Here We Go - Stakka Bo
(Oh christly christ...)

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Snakes in the Grass - Quantic
(AHA! Skullduggery and coolness and spying and samples. Yes yes YES. This meme is just the thing)

What do you think when you see your crush?

Lujon - Henry Macini

What do your parents think of you?

Cemeteries of London - Coldplay
(Coldplay! Again! Feck off out of my miserable existence, Martin! With your commentary on my world.. bah...)

What do strangers think of you?

I Will Survive - Cake
(Although annoyingly it's the clean version on iChoons because I lost the CD single I used to have years ago. I should have changed my fucking lock.)

How's your love life?

Don't You Want Me - The Human League
(The knitting teacher was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar, when I met him...)

What will they play at your funeral?

Gabriel - Lamb
(Ooooo not a bad choice. I'm thinking of specifying Brave Bulging Clairvoyants by Wild Beasts in my will. Or maybe Daphne & Celeste...)

What will you dance to at your wedding?

Theme of Luxury - Fantastic Plastic Machine
(Yes, yes, YES! Although uncivil partnership, if you please. Still reminds me of the magical Spaced.)

What is your hobby/interest?

The Weight Of My Words (Four Tet Remix) - Kings Of Convenience
(Which would make me think really egotistically of this blog. Although, hmm, words. Many a true word said in jest.

What's your biggest secret?

The Stalker Pt. 1 - The Frank Popp Ensemble
(So spookily accurate it's actually not funny. I'm a little bit afraid of my iPhone now. IT KNOWS.)

What do you think of your friends?

One Of Us - ABBA
(Ahem. I am minded to point out my friends are not all male, bummerists, middle-class and Londoners. 'Kay?)

What song do you listen to when you are sad?

Dirty Soul - Shed Seven
(Uhh... no.)

In love?

Stupid Girl - Garbage
(Stupid GirlS, maybe..? How unkind.)

What song do you air guitar to?

Not Over yet (Perfecto Mix) - Planet Perfecto feat. Grace
(YEAH YEAH YEAH!! Or at least air rave-arms-in-the-air in my living room to my iPod. YOU BETCHA! WOOT!!)

What should be your signature karaoke song?

Watch me Go - Girls Aloud
(ho-yess...)

What is your greatest desire?

Clair De Lune - Chris Coco & Sacha Puttnam
(Hmm... a bit of peace and quiet? Sounds about right at the moment. Or possibly a Jazz FM chllout collection not available in the shops to buy.)

What does next year have in store for you?

Entertain Me - Blur
(Unlikely, I fear)


What's your outlook on life?

(Okay I will admit to skipping ANOTHER FRICKIN' Coldplay song)

The Fun lovin' Criminal - The Fun Lovin' Criminals
(Smart like John Steed? Hell yeah. One of my mates once met the lead dude in FLC when very drunk. She pulled his hat of and rubbed his bald head. Oh dear.)

How will you die?

Tico Tico - The Andrews Sisters
(On a DATE!? Oh how mortifying..)

Do people secretly lust after you?

Jack - Michael Nyman
(It's a sad song. Let's just say no and be done with it, shall we?)

The best advice you will ever get?

Bath - The Divine Comedy
(oh fer fucks sake...)


So. There we are. An interesting mix... and an odd selection from the old iPhone. Hah!

I'm not tagging others, in the spirit if Vicus. Do it if you want to!

2 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

Don't view it as stealing, more as good fun and a harmless way to show off. It is good fun, isn't it. I had heard of some of the artists on your list, and two or three songs. I must be younger than I thought.

Hedgie said...

Great stuff! I'm giving this a go now.