So it turns out that after the hot, wonderful, crowded streets of India, reaclimatising back to London is difficult. This glorious city that I have loved is cold, peoples.
And DARK in the morning.
And feels really empty.
And everyone is wearing coats...
So. I have decided I need to identify some positive things things to help leverage up some cheer. So far, I have the following:
1. Hot showers. This is a bit unfair as showering with cold water becomes very easy when the temperature is 30 degrees and upwards, and you've been a sweaty betty all day. But, ahhh, warm water how I missed thy soft and gently caress..
2. Pavements. Yes. Surprisingly simple, no? But after spending three weeks in a chaotic and exciting land, where cows (damn rightly) have full priority over all the beeping traffic and shop fronts take up most of the pedestrian space, a few concrete paving slabs are turning out to be a joyful novelty.
3. The return of Being Human on the telly box. Although. I'm not good with change and have yet to determine if I'm entirely happy with the cast changes from the pilot (that Andera Riseborough is MARVELLOUS, and will be missed*).
4. The fact that I am now offically older than our favourite Gallifreyan Timelord. I quite like that, somehow. And very excited about The Moff. And I will happily admit I took half an hour out out of 'trekking' in the hills on India to sit in an internet cafe and catch-up on the breaking-as-it-happened-news and subsequent reactions from the blogosphere, after a text message from my erstwhile flatmate. Yes. I know. Loser I am.
5. That nice chap in America starting his new job. Because that genuinely does make the world a better place to be in, I think. So that's good.
But now I need help. These five things are not going to get me through the rest of January, let alone to a point where it's actually light when I wake up in the morning.
So I need you, dear visitor, to help me expand on this.
What other good stuff is happening in the world?? What are you looking forward to in 2009? What light is wavering on your horizon, to offer hope among the muted darkness? Hmmm??
(You will be rewarded for your troubles with pictures of FARAWAY places...so that's nice, isn't it)
UPDATE: Frankly, I have no right to make demands or please for help if I can't avoid typos in posts. Le sigh. I may have hit on an inadvertent and belated NY resolution.
* I can, if pushed, be dangerously prone to luvvie-ness.