No, not me. Obviously.
I am off to a friend's weeding this weekend (hurrahs!) but am having a bit of 'mare about what to wear.
Yes, this is very silly I know. The important thing is that I'm there for my mates, roight?
The problematicals are thus:
1. Wedding is in some kind of country house type thing. The wedding party is taking over the place, but I'm led to understand it's quite a relaxed affair and not ultra posh.
2. Groom and close male members of the family will be in suits. Okay..
3. Told jeans and smart shirt would be fine, but..
4. The only suits I have are a wee bit 'corporate' (I KNOW. THE IRONY.)
5. Only smart shirts I have don't go with suit bottoms..
6. Girl friends will inevitably be wearing some SIMPLE YET STUNNING number they have bought for the occasion, twinned with tasteful and classy accessories.
7. There is apparently only one iron in the entire place...
8. The ceremony is not a religious one, but a registry office type one. No God here. Does that mean I can wear turn-ups?
But my question is, what is and is not acceptable to wear to a modern wedding do? I can;t help thinking jeans are somehow an insult when worn in the same room as a wedding dress.
I'm sort of hoping that the fact that I'm getting my hair cut will make up for all this.