Monday, June 22, 2009

"Third floor, handbags, haberdashery and the eighth circle of hell."

You'll need to crank the video up to full-screen for this.

The Standard Hotel in NYC has created a video installation in its lift based on Dante's Divine Comedy.

It's brilliant. Check it out:

Civilization by Marco Brambilla from CRUSH on Vimeo.



I cannot claim to have spotted this. But the most excellent person who chucked it my way will not let me link to them until their shiny new blog is up and running. I may do it retrospectively.

Monday. Good day for consideration of trips to hell and back.

I'm off to NYC in September. I shall be at the Standard... I can't afford to stay there, obviously, but I'll be going up and down in the lift a lot.

4 comments:

GreatSheElephant said...

That may be the best thing I've ever seen. Any idea what the music is?

Boz said...

Alas no.

Although funnily enough I just caught RolCats on your blog, and could say the same!

Jayne said...

That's a fantastic thing but the lift must be really bloody slow...

Boz said...

On second reading, it occurs to me that I should stop using phrases like 'check it out' as it makes me sound like a wannabe cool 50s dad...