Sunday, November 08, 2009

Coat? Check. Scarf? Check. iPod? Check.

It's been a good while since I posted one up here, but every year I do a winter playlist for m'AYEpod.

I'm not sure why.

Maybe it's because I like the cold and the way it makes me feel. All very melodramatic I'm sure but I do like swooshing through fallen leaves feeling morbid and gloomy.

I have just completed this year's playlist, thanks to some help from The Twitterati and recent people on Teh Blogz. ANDITGOESALITTLESOMETHINGLIKETHIS..

(in no particular order - shuffle being the order of the day. Or commute.)

(Yes. Spotify. I know. I'm very not of this year. Sorry chucks.)


White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes (c/o Prompt Communications
Sometimes in Winter - Saint Etienne (c/oProject76 - and it turns out the Etienne crew have written a WHOLE lotta songs about this time of year..)
Sylvia - The Antlers (c/o Mr Worth
Million Dollar Bill (Freemasons Remix) - Whitney Houston (c/o BeBopBoy)
To Build A Home - Cinematic Orchestra feat. Patrick Watson (c/o the King and Queen of Crystal Palace)
The Redeemer - The Underwolves
Symphony #69 - Pogo (c/o Last.fm)
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys
Ike's Mood I - Visioneers (c/o Shazam)
Forever Young - Youth Group (c/o some random CD in the office)
Sprout and the Bean - Joanna Newsom (c/o the same CD)
Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller
You've Got The Love (XX remix) - Florence + The Machine (c/o Delrico
I Can't See Nobody (remixed and reimagined mix) - Nina Simone
Finished Symphony (Deadmau5 Remix) - Hybrid
Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear (c/o Mr Henry)
The Fear (Doctor Rosen Rosen Rx) - Lily Allen (c/o The Guardian Guide, if I'm honest)
The Girl and the Robot (Radio Mix) - Röyksopp (feat. Robyn)
The Greatest Story Never Told - Murray Gold
Winter - Tori Amos
Season Song - Blue States
You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones (c/o Mum and Dad))
Hearts Collide - Little Boots (c/o my work Mac)
Tell Me the Worst (Fred Falke Remix) - Will Young (c/o my homosexuality)
Andvari - Sigur Rós
It's Not Easy To Be Human - A Camp (c/o BeBopBoy again)
Jack - Michael Nyman (c/o the Wonderland soundtrack)
Song for Bob - Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
The Grand Finale (Edward Scissorhands) - Danny Elfman & Shirley Walker
Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major - Yo-Yo Ma (c/o the knitting teacher, some time ago)
Bulletproof - La Roux (c/o studio line from L'Oreal??)
Bright Young Things - Pet Shop Boys (c/o the lovely Tom)
The Mojo Radio Gang - Parov Stelar
A Hazy Shade of Winter - Simon & Garfunkel (c/o The Lady Donna)
My Moon My Man - Feist
Aerodynamic - Tom Hodge

-End-

Awesome weekend checking out the Turner Prize shortlist and the very visceral Anish Kapoor. Both extremely interesting.*


* If I could find a way to get someone to pay me to fire red wax cylinders at a white wall with glee I would be happy as Larry.

1 comment:

Michael said...

To that I'd add:

Dance Me To The End of Love - Madeleine Peyroux
The Winner Takes It All - ABBA (come on!)
The Fox in the Snow - Belle and Sebastian
Love Is Not Enough - Dean Friedman
Galileo (Someone Like You) - Declan O'Rourke
A Rainy Night in Soho - The Pogues
The Man I Love - Zebedy

and, finally, (and I still think it's too early to be typing this word)

It's Clichéd To Be Cynical At Christmas - Half Man Half Biscuit