Monday, February 07, 2011

I have basically titted away all the good years, haven't I

So, I was re-watching the recent Star Trek film again last night, as one does when one has a spare evening to oneself.

I may have been a little 'tired and emotional' as I found myself welling up a bit at the pre-credits sequence. You know. The bit with the USS Kelvin. Won't say. Spoilers and that.

So it finished and that was really good, still. Then I started watching it again from the beginning with the commentary from the Director and writers and stuff. Because I'm a bit spoddy like that, and have seen it enough times now for some of the magic to be spoiled.

At the point where the big Star Trek logo rocks up for the first time as a sort of title card sortofthing, JJ Abrams notes that he found the genius guy who did this "on the internet" and he was "23".

23.

Internet.

This made me pause a while, and come to the conclusion that I really should have been doing the sort of stuff I really liked a whole lot earlier and with a whole bunch more effort, if I wanted to ever get anywhere doing something I liked doing. (Although I don't actually know what that would be anyway.) Given that I'm now 31.

I mean. This blog has been running on and off, hot and cold, for some years now. I can't imagine anyone is going to come across it and say "YES! THIS GUY! WE NEED HIM FOR OUR MULTI-MILLION POUND COOL PROJECT OF COOLNESS!" are they?

*expectant face*

Dammit!

Especially when, after checking analytics, people are coming here through search terms such as "dougray scott saturday kitchen", "escape pod trump tower" and (my favourite) "bab bap bap ba ba ba".

Although, I am now of course wondering now if Trump Tower has a cool-type awesome escape pod of awesomeness.

5 comments:

Hedgie said...

:-)

Maybe it would help if you install one of those 'tweet this' buttons? Or 'like' on Facebook?

Cheer up, young 'un, there's a lot of life in you yet!

Tim Footman said...

Meh, you should worry.

(43 in a few months.)

LaLa said...

If I had money and I knew what I wanted to do (at the ripe old age of 34), I'd totally hire you to do.. what you do.

Boz said...

Hedgie - or just blogging more. I should do that.

Tim - You, Sir, are at least a published author.

Lala - I can do stuff! Gimme stuff to do. *does stuff*

Betty said...

Don't worry, by the time you get to my age the only things you'll like doing are having a hot bath, watching DVD's about the great age of steam railways and having a mid afternoon cup of sugary tea with your blood pressure tablet.

Not long to go now.