Friday, March 04, 2011

On with the paranoia hat.

Am becoming more and more convinced that the Powers That Be are distracting us from all the more important things that are happening by messing with our minds?

I mean, really??

Bar the odd lucky bugger among us who has their dream job, or those that had a above-and-beyond awful experience at school, how many of us would honestly say our working life is somehow better than our school life.

Really? Do we really want to ruin the early lives of young people even more? Don't they have enough stuff to deal with?

Make work and school more fun, I say.

One day, I'll find the off-switch for this indignation. One day. Maybe.

(I know. Link to the Telegraph. Bite me.)

6 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

I think that you will find enjoyment is overrated. Look at Gove. He has clearly never experienced even a modicum of happiness or pleasure, and none of us can argue with his success, can we?

LC said...

You're not here to have fun, you're here to make rich people richer. Play ball and they'll throw you a few crumbs from their table.

Boz said...

Who indeed could fail to be won over by his charm?

Oh.

Boz said...

I was talking about Gove, not LC, in case of any confusion.

LC - I'm rubbish at ball. Team sports are not my thing.

LC said...

It's OK, I'm just as charmless as any oily self-serving Conservative politician.

Sniff.

Boz said...

Hush now. I'll not have any self-pity here. Well, I'll not have any self-pity that isn't mine.