Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Things I have learnt since contracting chickenpox

1. No part of the body is safe from blisters. Think about that for a moment.

2. The ones on your scalp are the worst.

3. Also the ones behind the ears.

4. People can actually recoil. I thought they just did that in books.

5. My flatmate is awesome and kind. And also very patient.

6. Fever-fuelled dreams are a great way to imagine up ideas for kids films you will probably never write.

7. They make you wait on your own at the Doctor's.

8. Calamine lotion smells like dentists that have been left out in the rain too long.

9. Mums are amazing and know everything.

10. Grown up medication is never as brilliant as Calpol.

11. I would pay almost any sum of money for my dad to come and stroke my hair as I went to sleep, like he did sometimes when I was a kid.

12. Sleep is GREAT.

7 comments:

GreatSheElephant said...

Oh no! Poor you!

LaLa said...

Damn you, 11 brought a wee tear to my eye. When I got tonsillitis 7 times in 1 year I cried a lot for my Mum.

If I was there I'd give you a massive hug - 'cos I think you're great and I quite fancy a lot of time off work and lots of sleep.

Get better x

Hedgie said...

Aw! Gosh that's really quite serious to catch it as an adult. Take things completely easy and wishing you a strong swift recovery. Don't scratch, and keep note of those good ideas :-)

Geoff said...

I'll always remember my left shoulder being absolutely covered in the little blighters.

Tim Footman said...

I remember No. 1 very clearly. Yow. And the little spots of blood on the bedsheets in the morning.

Boz said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I should be grateful that it's not very serious, just massively boring.

I am out of my pyjamas today though. Progress.

Michele R. Strub said...

as much as possible, avoid stress -- ;o]
--writing this comment almost two weeks after your post -- how you doing?